• Introduction to Patents
• What is a Patent?
• What can be Patented?
• Types of Inventions
• Inventive Step
• Industrial Applicability
• Non-patentable Inventions
• Inventions related to Pharmaceutical / Artificial Intelligence / Machine learning / Computer Science / Biotech/ Engineering and Challenges
• Patent Specification
• Structure of a Patent Specification
• What are Claims?
• Functions of Claims
• Filing of Patent Applications
• When to File a Patent Application?
• General Precautions
• Details and Documents Required
• Types of Patent Applications
• Patent Filing Procedure – Regular & Expedited
• Patent Maintenance Procedure
• International Patent Filing
• Foreign Filing License
• Routes for International Filing
• Timelines for International Filing
Instructors: Dr. Mohan Dewan & Dr. Niti Dewan
Why this course?
This course deals with the fundamental aspects of Patents for academic or non-academic enterprises. The participants will gain knowledge in the following areas:
• Patents Essentials
• Patents types and Related Laws
• Patentability Criterion
• Patentable and Non-Patentable Subject matter
• Contents of a Patent Specification
• Patent Protection at the National and International Levels
• Learning from experienced IP experts
• Practical tips and tricks
• User-friendly intuitive learner interface
• Cost-effective learning experience
• Collaborative learning environment
• Web-based helpline
After successful purchase, this item would be added to your courses.You can access your courses in the following ways :